What a Year It Has Been!
This year has, without a doubt, been a year of unfathomable challenges for so many, as well as for us here at Senter, CPA. There has been a great deal of social and political unrest that has gained attention throughout the year, but COVID-19 has certainly dominated the headlines of 2020.
We have heard countless stories from clients and members of our community who have endured great struggles and heartache. Some, against all odds, have found a way to stay standing, and others have managed to flourish; but there are far too many who are suffering great loss. Our hearts are breaking for, and go out to, everyone whose world has been completely turned upside down for the worse.
Our community, and the world at large, will continue to have many challenges as we take the necessary steps to repair all that has been lost and damaged. But despite the disagreements, the injustices, the challenges, the loss, and the pain, we will continue to set aside our differences and come together to help and serve those in need.
We want to extend our sincere gratitude for the overwhelming response from our amazing clientele. Because of you, we were able to overcome all obstacles, and continue to grow and flourish as a firm, and as a team, in service to our community.
Team Senter, CPA Highlights
Senter, CPA Went Virtual!
- Our virtual firm (learn more)
- We tackled virtual client services (learn more)
- We learned how stay connected while in quarantine (learn more)
We Grew as a Firm and as a Team
- We introduced CAS Packages (learn more)
- We welcomed new team members:
- Michelle D. Hare (learn more)
- Robin R. Scrace (learn more)
- Cassandra L. Senter (learn more)
- We had an intern for a day (click for pic)
- We had our first (virtual) Staff Christmas party (click for pic)
- Matt grew a beard (click for pic)
We tried to do our part to keep our community strong amid the pandemic by:
- Supporting our favorite local restaurants
- Supporting our favorite local charities
- Clarkston Rotary participation: Although it was difficult to do many of our community service and fundraising projects due to the pandemic and gathering limitations, we did manage to have our weekly meetings virtual, stay in contact, participate in some community activities, and keep the stength and goodwill of our club going.
Our COVID-19 reports & updates throughout the year:
- Special Edition Report
- Tax Season Extended to July 15, 2020
- COVID-19 Releif
- A Look at 2021 Tax Season Policies & Procedures
- Matt will continue to be on the Clarkston Area Chamber of Commerce YPN Commitee in 2021
- Matt will serve as the Clarkston Rotary Club President for the 2021/2022 year
The Senter Family
Wow! These kids are growing quickly, and there is never a dull moment in the Senter house! Cassie and I are alive and well despite all the chaos and a little extra quarantine time. No real changes for me as I try to stay focused and hard at work, just under different circumstances.
The boys still fight like cats and dogs. Ben, now 13, is not exactly loving virtual school, but he’s making the best of it and mastering his craft at video games. Waylon, 4, is full of energy; boy is he wild! And Charlotte, now 2, is the biggest sweetheart you will ever meet. After finding out last year that she has severe food and environmental allergies, we have made big adjustments around our house, and I’m happy to report that she is doing great. We have to be super careful and keep an EpiPen on us at all times, but she’s a strong girl.
We are excited to announce that in 2021, Cassie will be joining our team at Senter, CPA! This will allow her more time with our kids, she will be able to work on many projects that she has had to put on hold, and I know she will also be a huge support to our Senter, CPA clients and staff as we continue to grow. She is a wonderful wife and mother, and she has skills and strengths that will be a great addition to the Senter, CPA team.
To Our Clients and Friends
Without our clients, friends, and supporters, we would not be where we are today. So we want to say a huge THANK YOU for your continued support, your value of our services, and for being flexible in the way we served you this year.
We truly enjoy what we do and are excited to continue to serve you, to grow as a firm, and to be supporters of our community and beyond.
We hope you made the best of 2020, and we want to wish you a very prosperous 2021!
We are always here for you and look forward to seeing you soon. In the meantime, please feel free to call us at 248-934-0550 or contact us HERE.