Dear Clarkston Community,
As an affiliate of Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library, the Rotary Club of Clarkston is committed to creating a community that works for all children and all families, especially those most in need. Literacy is the foundation of a child’s education and helping kids thrive is our priority.
With generous funding support from our friends in the Clarkston community and Rotary network, we have partnered with Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library Program to mail a new book to each enrolled child under 5 every month at no cost to his or her family.
These books are critical to improving early childhood literacy across Clarkston:
- The number of books in the home is a key indicator of academic success.
- Early language development is critical to a child’s success.
- It is widely recognized that the best way to promote this language development is by reading aloud to children, and families participating in Imagination Library say they read together more often than their peers who aren’t participating in the program.
- After the Rotary Club of Clarkston began their partnership with Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library in January of 2022 there are currently more than 700 registered children (as of September 13, 2023) with the possibility of reaching 2,100 children right here in our community.
- To date we have mailed over 11,500 books to children in Clarkston.
- To reach ALL qualifying children in our community it will take annual community support over $60,000.
We are working to make sure that every child under 5 in every zip code in Clarkston (48346, 48347, 48348) can receive the benefits of having books in their home. Every $2.20 raised provides one new book for a child. Your support will make a real difference in the lives of Clarkston children. Please consider one of the following donation or sponsorship levels to help Clarkston children succeed. See below for links how to donate.
5 children for one year $125 40 children for one year $1,000
10 children for one year $250 100 children for one year $2,500
20 children for one year $500 200 children for one year $5,000
Consider making a reoccurring and or legacy donation of more than $5,000 by reaching out to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are interested in a Social Media (Facebook) shoutout for your sponsorship please email your ideas to email@example.com.
Thank you for your consideration. Together we can give all children in Clarkston the building blocks they need for a bright future!
Rotary Club of Clarkston – Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library Affiliate
Donations are made to The Dollywood Foundation 501(C)(3) Nonprofit Organization and are tax deductible to the extent allowable by law.
Checks can be made payable to: Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library
Memo Line Should Read as Follows: #2813 MI-CLARKSTON
Mail to: Rotary Club of Clarkston
6480 Citation Drive | Suite C
Clarkston, MI 48346
If you prefer to donate online, you can do so here: https://donate.imaginationlibrary.com/?country=US&affid=MICLARKSTON
Please be sure MI-CLARKSTON shows up under the affiliate codes.