We are a full-service CPA firm providing tax, accounting and consulting services in Southeastern, Michigan and across the US. We offer a fun work environment and client service atmosphere.
We are looking for a driven, detail oriented professional with a positive attitude to join our growing team. If you’d like to join our team, please send us a resume with a cover letter stating why you think you’d be a good fit.
Location: Remote (Anywhere)
Duration: Part-time on an as needed basis, possibly full-time during tax season (February – April 15th)
Start date: Immediately with a 90-day introductory/probationary period
Salary: Commensurate with experience (provide requirements with resume)
Hours: As needed
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Staff Accountant is responsible for any accounting and tax related engagements of the firm. This role will mainly be to maintain our growing monthly bookkeeping clients and any related activities. If interested, we will be needing a full-time tax return preparer and data entry clerk during tax season.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Bookkeeping: Monthly, Quarterly, Annual for multiple clients
- Reconcile balance sheet
- Maintain general ledger and coordinate with clients to properly code all transactions
- Facilitate electronic source documents
- Prepare financial reports
- Data entry
- Scanning and electronically filing documents
- Provide initiative, recommendations, and assistance regarding policies, procedures, and firm matters
- Business meeting preparation (client meetings, staff meetings, and firm events)
- Occasional assistance with blogging, firm events, social media etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned by team
- Committed to a client service approach
- Have excellent communication skills
- Possession of strong organizational skills
- Ability to work remote and heavy use of leading technologies
- Ability to perform several tasks concurrently with ease and professionalism
- Ability to effectively operate office equipment and computer programs
- Ability to type 30 words per minute
- Ability to work independently on assigned task as well as to accept direction on given assignments
- Ability to work effectively with staff members, clients, and vendors
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Possession of a high school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- At least two years of bookkeeping and QuickBooks experience REQUIRED
- Tax experience A PLUS but NOT required
- Thomson Reuters Tax, Accounting and Virtual Office experience A PLUS but NOT required
- NO health insurance offered at this time
- Employee referral program
- Remote, home office
- Weekly staff meetings in office or remote via Teams
- Professional attire: when in office or meeting with clients
- Occasional overtime hours required (on as needed basis during tax season)
Please submit resumes to email@example.com. Be sure to include salary requirements and preferred interview schedule. Call 248-934-0550 with any questions.
The above noted job description does not list all the duties of the job; you may be asked to perform other assignments and duties. This job description is intended to give a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations associated with the position. You will be evaluated in part based on your performance of the tasks listed above. The firm’s management has the right to revise this job description at any time.