Senter CPA is a full-service tax, accounting, and consulting firm located in Clarkston, MI. We strive to impress our clients with our vast knowledge and innovative technical approach to accounting. In an industry that has a reputation for being very stagnant and “paper heavy”, we pride ourselves in leading the way in technology to achieve quality, efficiency, and a high level of client satisfaction.
We provide a collaborative and rewarding work environment with excellent growth opportunities!
Position: Certified Public Accountant (Tax)
Salary: $90,000 – $130,000 depending on experience
We have an exciting opportunity for a driven, detail-oriented professional with a positive attitude to join our growing team. The Certified Public Accountant (CPA) plays an important role in maintaining positive and valuable client experiences. In this role, you will be the point person in contact with clients to perform the firm’s overall tax and accounting activities with final authority on assignments, acting on behalf of the firm, providing exceptional client service.
The ideal candidate has a strong technical aptitude and prior CPA Firm experience reviewing and signing tax returns while reinforcing a solid reputation, accuracy, and high-end customer service.
Location: In-office, in Clarkston, MI
Hours: Monday – Friday 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM, but with some flexibility
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Certified Public Accountant (CPA) is responsible for the firm’s overall tax and accounting activities including reviewing and signing tax returns (individual and corporate). Directs and coordinates office, client and facility services and any related activities. This position would be in heavy contact with clients and final authority on work assignments, acting on behalf of the firm, providing exceptional client service. As such, it’s important to be personable, professional, and helpful when working in this position. Serving as an added voice and face of our company, he or she will be integral to reinforcing our reputation, accuracy, and exceptional customer service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Tax Preparation for Individual, Corporate & Partnership returns (Trust and Estates and plus)
- Reviewing, signing and final delivery of tax returns to clients
- Oversee Client Accounting Services
- Prepared and Compiled Financial Statements
- Provide a high level of client service with prompt and accurate communication
- Proactively identity and address client needs with a goal of complete satisfaction
- Build and maintain rapport with clients to deliver exceptional service and nurture lasting relationships
- Work within a team environment to perform a prominent level of service for our clients
- 10+ years’ experience with preparation, filing, and signing of Individual, Corporate and Partnership tax returns
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting (CPA License REQUIRED)
- Prior experience in a public accounting and tax role
- Proven experience in a CPA Firm and full-charge management of clients
- Proven experience in signing tax returns and review of returns
- Experience with accounting and corporate tax principles such as reasonable compensation, personal use of auto etc.
- Solid understanding of reviewing and tying out financials as well as the importance of workpapers
- Experience with financial statement preparation
- A solid technical aptitude (prior experience with QuickBooks Online & UltraTax)
- Prior experience in Trust & Estate tax preparation experience preferred
- Facilitating tax research
- Excellent interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Ability to work independently, and also collaborate with and lead other team members
- Solutions oriented, resourceful, with excellent problem-solving skills
- Experienced using Onvio or similar paperless documentation, time and billing and project workflow software
- Highly committed to a client service approach
- Dedications to accuracy and going the extra mile
- Track record of meeting or exceeding client expectations
- Have excellent communication skills (must not be afraid to call clients)
- Possession of strong organizational skills
- Ability to manage time and prioritize
- Pays excellent attention to detail
- Ability to perform several tasks concurrently with ease and professionalism
- Ability to effectively operate office equipment and computer programs
- Ability to work independently on assigned task, as well as to accept direction on given assignments
- Ability to work effectively with staff members, clients, and vendors
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- Possession of a Certified Public Accountant License (CPA)
- 10+ years of experience in public accounting and tax role
- 5+ years of experience signing tax returns and ability to demonstrate the ability to perform the duties of the position
- CPA firm experience and full-charge management of client work
- Paid time off (after 90 days)
- 401(K) with employer match (after 2-year eligibility period)
- Health benefit premium coverage (employer assistance)
- Employee referral program
- Commitment to work / life balance
- Potential for future profits sharing and/or partnership for outstanding and long-term candidates
- Professional attire
- Occasional overtime hours required (on as needed basis and during tax season)
Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include salary requirements and preferred interview schedule. At this time, we would prefer to start with a Teams (video interview) until we narrow our search and conduct in office interviews. Call 248-934-0550 with any questions.
The above-mentioned job description does not list all the duties of the job; you may be asked to perform other assignments and duties. This job description is intended to give a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations associated with the position. You will be evaluated in part based on your performance of the tasks listed above. The firm’s management has the right to revise this job description at any time.